In the doldrums of winter in Calgary and the post Christmas season in January… not a lot of celebration seems to come about. I hear lots of people starting new goals and new commitments. I also hear a lot of people achieving great accomplishments. Simply making a brave commitment for the year ahead warrants a HAZZAH!!
So… I got thinking about celebration and how often I see clients and other wonderful people in my life reaching great accomplishments big and small and then moving right on to the next thing without acknowledging their achievement.
- Celebration doesn’t have to be big… it has to be acknowledgement
- Take in learnings that got you there and you’ll have the energy wisdom and confidence to take with you into the next challenge.
- Live in the moment rather than for tomorrow. Ignoring celebration moments robs you of the precious moment you’re living in today.
- Acknowledging your successes builds your self awareness and self confidence.
- Its just plain fun when you get the hang of it – live a little!
So HAZZAH! You made it through January… I’m off to Mexico to go celebrate :)